Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Hopdoddy Burger Bar will take over the former Frankie’s space in Uptown
The burger bar will be Dallas' second Hopdoddy, with a third coming soon.
DALLAS Speaking of things that were out in 2013, in for 2014: A Hopdoddy Burger Bar will go in where Frankie's sports bar used to be on McKinney Avenue in Uptown Dallas.
Hopdoddy currently has one other location in Dallas, at Preston Road and Northwest Highway. An Addison Hopdoddy at Village on the Parkway is slated to open this summer, said spokesman Josh Newton. The brand is owned by Guy and Larry Restaurants, with restaurants in Austin and Scottsdale, Arizona.
Wednesday morning, a worker was already inside the now-vacant space in Uptown. It's estimated to open in April, Newton said.
Like existing locations in Austin, Hopdoddy will have counter service and a full bar. The menu will largely stay the same, with dolled-up burgers like The Greek: lamb, feta, arugula, pickled red onion, tomato, cucumber and tzatziki. The bar will serve craft beers, mixed drinks and wine.
The McKinney Avenue location is a busy one: Across the street are Del Frisco's Grille and Barter, the new restaurant that replaced Private Social and P|S. North a few blocks is West Village, which includes restaurants like Max's Wine Dive, Grimaldi's, Village Burger Bar and Mi Cocina.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling