Thursday, January 9, 2014
AMC Northpark will host free American Idol watching party January 14
Find out how you can get a seat.
DALLAS It seems like just yesterday the judges of the first season of American Idol crowned Burleson babe Kelly Clarkson the country’s best no-name singer. Fast-forward to 2014 and much has changed — Kelly Clarkson has reached superstar status, and we’re gearing up for the 13th season American Idol.
If you’re a proud Idol fanatic, consider catching the premiere on the big screen. FOX is hosting a nationwide watching party on January 14 at theaters in 20 major cities including Dallas. AMC Northpark 15 will be premiering American Idol for free if you RSVP.
Following the episode, Idol judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban, Harry Connick Jr. and host Ryan Seacrest will partake in a live Q-and-A session from Royce Hall at the University of California Los Angeles.
Doors open at the theater at 5 p.m. and the show begins at 6 p.m. Seats are first come, first served. An RSVP does not guarantee a seat at the theater. AMC Northpark said the watching party will be held in a theater that seats 214 people. For more information, visit www.idolrsvp.com.
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- Tom Thumb in Highland Park Village is closing