Thursday, January 16, 2014
5 little-known facts about Charlie Wilson
See him perform live at Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie January 19.
Come back for the full read, but here’s something for you to hold on to until it goes all the way live…
1. He relishes his nickname of “Uncle Charlie,” as he referenced his nephews throughout the music business.
2. He gives thanks to God for everything: his life, his music, the clarity of his voice. He says his sister has said that “the stage is his pulpit.” I concur.
3. Even his speaking pattern has a beat to it.
4. That Grammy nomination for best gospel song? It was a surprise, yes, but not really.
5. Look for way more from him in the coming year. He’s said too much, but (hint, hint) it will involve reading and watching. One can only hope.