Thursday, January 16, 2014 , Updated 1:41 p.m., January 30, 2014
UPDATED: Public service announcement: Sprinkles Cupcake ATM is back open
Now, they can stock a whopping 800 cupcakes.
DALLAS Late-night Sprinkles Cupcakes addicts, the cupcake ATM at Preston Road and Northwest Highway in Dallas will be down for at least 10 days. A crew is installing "Cupcake ATM Version 2.0," which will serve as many as four cupcakes instead of one at a time.
[UPDATE Jan. 30: The new cupcake ATM has reopened!]
It'll also hold more than double the amount of cupcakes, now stocking 800. On holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas when the store was closed, manager Kristyn Summerlan said the former cupcake ATM -- which holds (only?) 360 -- sold out quickly.
So now they've got me wondering: How long will it take hungry Dallas people to sell Sprinkles' cupcake ATM out of 800 cupcakes? Apparently I'm not the first to have thought of this. See the video below.
The original Sprinkles in Beverly Hills already has its ATM 2.0 up and running. The store in Atlanta gets theirs next week.
The Sprinkles Cupcake ATM Challenge!
h/t to The Advocate for spotting it first on Facebook.
- Purple Cow’s only remaining D-FW restaurant is now closed
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Restaurant review: At True Food Kitchen, healthy food can actually taste good
- CEO of American Airlines bought giant Strait Lane home in Dallas -- all 20,000 feet of it
- Tom Thumb in Highland Park Village is closing