Dallas Black Dance Theatre
Find more organizations in: Dance company
Are you interested in this organization?
Dallas Black Dance Theatre celebrates its 30th season as the oldest, continuously operating professional dance company in Dallas. The ensemble, a contemporary modern dance company, consists of 14 professional dancers performing a mixed repertory of modern, jazz, ethnic and spiritual works by nationally and internationally known choreographers. The company’s dancers have studied, trained and performed with some of the pre-eminent performers and teachers in the American dance world.
The mission of Dallas Black Dance Theatre is to create and produce contemporary modern dance at its highest level of artistic excellence through performances and educational programs that bridge cultures and reach diverse communities. With an ever-expanding national and global audience, the company employs a diverse, multi-ethnic troupe of dancers performing for audiences of all ages and backgrounds. That diversity has propelled the company to prominence as the only full-time professional dance company in Dallas, who perform primarily at the Majestic Theatre.
Information from the dance company's site
Articles Related to Dallas Black Dance Theatre
Updated p.m., August 13, 2012
Updated a.m., October 5, 2011
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- First look: Read Contemporary shows obscure work by emerging Aboriginal artists
- Photos: Design District's artsy new vino retailer, The Wine Poste, opened grandly on Saturday
- Photos: Homegrown hopmasters debut new beers at Brew Riot in Oak Cliff