The Museum of Geometric and MADI Art 214-855-7802
3109 Carlisle Street
Dallas, TX 75204 Visit Website
(corner of Carlisle & Bowen in Uptown)
Are you interested in this business?
The history of the MADI Museum and Gallery began more than 10 years ago when visual artist Volf Roitman introduced Bill and Dorothy Masterson, lifelong supporters of the arts, to the innovative MADI art movement. Fascinated by the playful complexity and fascinating figures inherent within this modern art form, the Mastersons became involved in the MADI movement, traveling around the world to collect MADI art pieces and even staying with Carmelo Arden Quin, the movement's founder. When Mr. Masterson's law firm, Kilgore & Kilgore, outgrew its old space and moved to a 1970s building on 3109 Carlisle, the Mastersons decided to give back to the community that has supported the firm by converting the majority of the first floor of the building into the first permanent MADI Museum and Gallery. As such, the renovation of the building itself was designed in the MADI style; one that emphasizes innovative designs containing an array of geometric forms. The concept behind MADI is more than just an assembly of colored shapes, however - the art is universally accessible and appealing, and the more it is studied, the more multifaceted and fascinating it actually becomes. Information from the museum's site
No upcoming events scheduled
Verify Your Business
- Connect with potential customers
- Edit your business information
- Learn how to enhance your listing
- Verification is FREE
Don't miss this opportunity!
Click here now
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Sunday||1 p.m.||5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m.||5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m.||5 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m.||7 p.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m.||5 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m.||5 p.m.|
Frankie's Sports Bar and Grill
3227 McKinney Avenue
3230 McKinney Avenue
3128 McKinney Avenue
- Video: Dirk honored in NBA Finals commercial
- Dogged pursuit of fun leads pet owners to Deep Ellum's Bark Park
- Theater review: DSM's glittering production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert never "drags"
- Four Corners Brewery hosts Texas barbecue royalty on May 25
- Did you know Mary Suhm was a high school beauty queen in Beaumont? 10 things about her: