Majestic Theatre 214-670-3687
1925 Elm Street
Dallas, TX 75201 Visit Website
(Downtown Dallas between St. Paul and Harwood)
Are you interested in this business?
The Majestic theatre opened its doors on April 21, 1921 as a vaudeville theatre. It was built by impresario Karl Hoblitzelle and designed by John Eberson, one of the foremost designers of theatres in the early 20th Century. As the vaudeville era came to an end in the 1930s, Hoblitzelle began to present movies in his theatres. The Majestic hosted flm premieres with big stars in attendance, including Jimmy Stewart, Gregory Peck, John Wayne, Audy Murphy and many others. The Majestic screened its last film in 1973 and the theater went dark. The Hoblitzelle Foundation gifted the Majestic to the City of Dallas in January 1976. After major restoration, the Theatre reopened on January 28, 1983 as a performing arts venue. One of the most elegant performing arts venues in the southwest, the historic Majestic Theatre hosts shows ranging from nationally touring concerts and comedy acts to locally produced cultural events and fundraisers. The Theatre is also avaialble for corporate meeting and private functions. Information from the venue's website
Sunday, March 9, 2014
The Awakening @ 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Kids in the Hall @ 8:00 p.m.
Verify Your Business
- Connect with potential customers
- Edit your business information
- Learn how to enhance your listing
- Verification is FREE
Don't miss this opportunity!
Click here now
Neiman Marcus Downtown
1618 Main St.
1700 Commerce St
1618 Main Street
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger